I don’t know about you, but I sure love some cheese, meat and tomatoes, so I put together a Cheesy Meatball recipe that is delicious and super easy to prepare.
- Ground Beef – 1lb
- Chopped Onions (make sure they are super tiny)
- Minced Garlic
- Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
SPAGHETTI OR OTHER CHOICE OF PASTA
SHREDDED MOZZARELLA AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Start by making the meatballs. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients listed for the preparation of the meatballs. I don’t usually determine the amount of the seasonings, because I like to add more as I find the need to. Just trust your guts on this one! Here’s an image for you to have an idea of the ingredients proportion to the meat!
2. After mixing them up very well, make the meatballs, place them on a baking sheet coated with the oil of your preference ( I usually spray coconut oil). Place them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
After they’re cooked, they should look like this:
3. While the meatballs are cooking in the oven, boil some water and cook your spaghetti or pasta of your choice!
4. You can season and heat your tomato sauce if it’s a plain type. I usually add some minced garlic, dried or fresh basil, oregano and a little bit of salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of sugar to decrease the acidity of the sauce. Let it simmer on low heat until the meat balls are ready. None of this is required, you can use the sauce straight out of the can if you prefer. I just do this to add more flavor to our dish.
4. Cut some fresh tomatoes, basil and green onions.
5. Fun part! Cover the meatballs with the tomato sauce, add the diced tomatoes, the cheese, fresh basil and green onions. Return to the oven. Broil it for about 5 minutes on 500F.
Your Cheesy Meatballs are ready to be enjoyed over the pasta!
Let me know how you like this recipe in the comments. What else would you like to see here on the blog? I’d love to know!